Saturday, November 22, 2008

Pixar Ratings:




Thought I would share my personal ratings for Pixar's catalogue of films...

Toy Story (1995) B
A Bug's Life (1998) B-
Toy Story 2 (1999) B+
Monster's Inc (2001) B-
Finding Nemo (2003) B+
The Incredibles (2004) B-
Cars (2006) B+
Ratatouille (2007) A-
Wall-E (2008) A

Pixar seems to be getting even better with their productions, the latest film Wall-E had all the right ingredients that Pixar films are now known for: wit, charm, groundbreaking digital work, great characters, fun story, etc etc, but Wall-E goes a step beyond that with a mature and deep story and underlying themes that makes this not just a kids film. I think most Pixar films can be enjoyed by all ages, but this one in particular contains some pretty deep moments and that goes even further than it's obvious eco-friendly push. While I think that the consitentsy in quality that this studio puts out is mind-boggling, there is no doubt that their shining moment thus far is a dutiful and romantic little robot named Wall-E.

1 comment:

Nathan Goss said...

Thanks for leaving a comment, I have recently not been very active on here because I figured that no one was reading it, so maybe this will inspire me to start writing again. Thanks.