Thursday, March 6, 2008

Ice: the color of Heaven...

I've decided my dream vacation....well, at least one place that I would really want to go before I die, The Ice Hotel. Each year a new Ice Hotel is constructed in Sweden during certain parts of the year there is enough ice and snow that a Hotel can be constructed and a team of artists come to help design the new look for the Hotel as it changes every year, there was a documentary on the Ice Hotel a few years ago on one of the HD channels that was really awesome.

www.icehotel.com

So why would anyone in their right minds want to go there? Well for me I really love the cold weather and ice. Everyone complains about snow and ice, but that's when it's an inconvenience, not made into a luxury as with this. The only time something feels cold is when we are not used to it, once you acclimate yourself to a certain area, then it seems normal. I love the way ice looks with all sorts of light coming through it, there are all different blues and hues and interesting shades that you don't always see together. Each room is carved and there are many artists who carve unique designs to give the Hotel it's amazing and creative look.

No comments: